Because I don’t do a lot of reading online, I just googled “most interesting thing to read”. Came across this page with interesting facts. Here are my favorites:
1) After spending 17 years underground, 2013 is the year the cicada bug is expected to emerge by the billions on the east coast of the United States. Some estimate trillions will arrive.
-well crap! I live in Virginia haha. It’s not that I dislike cicadas. Their song was the music of my childhood. But that is a LOT of bugs…
15) Over 3 million people globally every month search for something online with the words interesting facts in it according to the most popular search engine.
25) Many people who read the word yawn or yawning begin to feel the urge to yawn.
-OMG I yawned! Creepy…
33) If you are severely scared of going to the dentist or having dental work, you may actually have a phobia called odontophobia.
-well, my dad is my dentist so if i’m afraid of him, I have more than just odontophobia!
59) A mid-sized car launched today generates only an estimated 5% of the pollution which was generated by a car from fifty years ago. Awesome!
-the only problem with this is there are so many more cars now, it might not be worth anything. but at least we are trying, right?!
69) More people are killed from donkeys in a year than planes.
-what an ass! (bahaha!!)
78) Fires in the forest have been documented to move much faster up hill than down hill.
-that’s probably because flames can travel UP a tree much faster than they can travel down one
87) During world war 2 the Oscar award given out by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was made of wood because most common metals were very scarce.
-way to improvise! haha the show must go on, I guess.